Monday, January 25, 2010

Blinds Timer Laptop

My three pound Sony Vizio sub laptop died on me.  I really liked this computer I had had for over five years.  Women were always coming up to me and telling that it was the smallest thing they had ever seen and how cute it was.  It came with a built in DVD player and only cost me $2,500 when it was new.

Now in looking for a replacement I found a machine that had twice the RAM and four times the hard disk space.  The new netbooks are the same form factor I like.  I looked around at all the usual suspects - Best Buy, Office Depot, Walmart, MicroCenter, and think it was finally MicroCenter where I made my purchase.

I like the value of "clones" and off brands, so the Acer was a choice I easily trusted.  Besides I've bought, and sold as a computer dealer, their equipment for many years.

The deciding factor for me was a video output.  I wanted to be able to run a cable to the restaurant's flatscreen TV to show everyone the blinds timer - I use Tournament Director.

I like my Acer Aspire One, and for just a tad over $300 it is a great replacement for my $2,500 Sony.

No comments: